Thursday, July 26, 2007

5 years in US

Its been 5 years now that I am in US. It was Jul 26, 2002 when I landed in Kansas City airport at 10:30pm - first time stepping out of home, many questions, many goals and sense of fear on how it will go.

I still remember the 130 miles drive in the shuttle from Kansas City airport to Manhattan, KS and a cab drive to seniors apartment on a Friday night - college students on Aggivele street, coming out of pubs, shouting and having fun. The experience was much more different than what I heard about US. The excitement of being in US and missing the friends and family at same time, was a complex feeling.

I had promised my parents that I will be moving back to India after 2 years of MS and 2 years of job, so that I can pay off all my loans. Obviously I did not keep that promise, but will I move back in coming years? Only time will answer that.

For now I am just cherishing the feeling of an amazing 5 yrs journey. And on top of that for first time, we four family members in US are meeting today.

No comments: